Receding Gums Treatment With Your Sugar House Dentist
If it seems like your teeth are getting longer or your gums are shrinking, you may have receding gums. While receding gums doesn’t sound very serious, it is in fact quite concerning. Gum recession can cause your teeth to loosen or even fall out! Replacing missing teeth can be costly, time consuming and often painful. It’s a lot easier to keep the teeth you have.
Years ago, if you had gum recession, the prescribed treatment was gum grafting. Without going into too much detail, gum grafting requires surgery. Gum grafting can be very painful. The gum grafting procedure has a long recovery time. Having a gum grafting surgery meant you weren’t able to eat anything but pudding and gelatin for quite a lengthy time. The gum grafting surgery is considered an invasive procedure.
Now, Pinhole Surgical Technique is a far better option and may be the best solution for you and we offer it at our Salt Lake City dentist office in Sugar House. The Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation Technique is a simple, quick, non-invasive procedure to repair receding gums.
The Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation Technique
- First, the area that will have the Gum Rejuvenation Technique is numbed.
- With a tiny needle, Dr. Theurer creates a small pinhole as the next step in the gum rejuvenation technique.
- In this pinhole, he gently loosens the receding gum tissue from the bone it is attached to with specially designed Gum Rejuvenation Technique instruments.
- He then glides the gum material to where it’s supposed to be.
- Dr. Theurer slips several tiny collagen strips under the gums to keep the tissue in its proper place to complete the Gum Rejuvenation Technique procedure.
- New collagen is formed by the body and fills in the gum tissue so it will stay where it’s supposed to.
The Benefits of Gum Rejuvenation Surgery
- The entire Gum Rejuvenation Surgery takes about an hour.
- The Gum Rejuvenation Surgery requires no incisions, no sutures.
- The Gum Rejuvenation Surgery causes little to no pain, swelling or bleeding after the procedure is completed.
- In one tiny pinhole, several sites in your gums can be treated with the Gum Rejuvenation Surgery, meaning that it is remarkably non-invasive for the amount of relief and treatment you can receive.
- Many patients report that they not only have no post-operative pain, they go home to eat a completely normal meal.
- Aesthetically speaking, this Gum Rejuvenation Surgery can brighten your smile dramatically.
Dr. Theurer is the only dentist in the area to offer this fantastic treatment. Call or stop by today to learn more about gum rejuvenation surgery if you are in the Salt Lake City area, from Sugar House to Millcreek UT!